First I found out how to make a website and embed links, a bunch of computer stuff. I learned that truth is different for different people. My values and upbringing are different than yours so my truth is different than yours. Happiness and success are connected. The ultimate success you can achieve is happiness. I learned how important it is to enjoy and cherish your life. "Live deep and suck all the marrow of life" I didn't even have to hide in the woods to figure it out.
I learned that we definitely need more slacker teachers, (I also learned how to use satire). I learned how to use logical fallacies (If anyone has ever called you a stupidhead bologna face you are a victim of Personal Attack!). I learned how to use sources to back up my arguments. I found out that we are all going to fail in life without weighted grades (yay). I found that a good man is hard to find. I learned that leaders are absolute pigs (Mostly Napoleon but, you know).
I learned that power can be very dangerous and can change a person. No matter how good the leader, there will always be people uncontent. "Ye gods, it doth amaze me" how much one can learn in one year! I realized that dystopias are scary and sad, mostly because of the truth in them. I also saw how much power books, or the knowledge within them hold. "(Books) stitched the patches of the universe together into one garment for us." I learned that our own thoughts are gifts and our self awareness is crucial.
I learned that there are no perfect utopias, and that there could never be one. I learned that first impressions are really inconsistent and that humans are very judgemental creatures. I learned how to do good firsthand research and work hard.
I learned so much. But the most important thing to me was that I learned how awesome english can be. I have always loved english class but this year was really the best I could imagine. I really love being able to look deeply at things and find hidden meanings. I learned how amazing class discussions can be when everyone is thinking freely and talking about it together. I learned that really cool things happen when we are allowed to just think, and voice our opinions.
I learned how much I love my Quest class and all the people in it. It's a place where I actually fit in. I am going to have a really hard time leaving it all next year. I learned how much of a difference a teacher can make. Because McCallum is kind of amazing. He makes class so much fun, it's somewhere I want to be. I don't even know how to put it into words. Thank you Mr. McCallum.
So, I guess I learned some things. I also learned that I am really cheesy. Sorry.
I learned that power can be very dangerous and can change a person. No matter how good the leader, there will always be people uncontent. "Ye gods, it doth amaze me" how much one can learn in one year! I realized that dystopias are scary and sad, mostly because of the truth in them. I also saw how much power books, or the knowledge within them hold. "(Books) stitched the patches of the universe together into one garment for us." I learned that our own thoughts are gifts and our self awareness is crucial.
I learned that there are no perfect utopias, and that there could never be one. I learned that first impressions are really inconsistent and that humans are very judgemental creatures. I learned how to do good firsthand research and work hard.
I learned so much. But the most important thing to me was that I learned how awesome english can be. I have always loved english class but this year was really the best I could imagine. I really love being able to look deeply at things and find hidden meanings. I learned how amazing class discussions can be when everyone is thinking freely and talking about it together. I learned that really cool things happen when we are allowed to just think, and voice our opinions.
I learned how much I love my Quest class and all the people in it. It's a place where I actually fit in. I am going to have a really hard time leaving it all next year. I learned how much of a difference a teacher can make. Because McCallum is kind of amazing. He makes class so much fun, it's somewhere I want to be. I don't even know how to put it into words. Thank you Mr. McCallum.
So, I guess I learned some things. I also learned that I am really cheesy. Sorry.
I want to print this out and frame it. Thank you so much, Naomi. You described your experience so perfectly and you write so fluently. You are amazing.
ReplyDelete