Megan and her Youth Group Adventures
“I really like going [to youth group] because I can feel God’s presence there and I enjoy praying and worshipping God.”
Megan is a 14 year old student at Buffalo Community Middle School. She belongs to a youth group called Imitators of Christ.
“My favorite part of the day is when I go to youth group on Wednesdays.” Megan said.
She enjoys seeing her friends and talking to them there but what she likes most about the experience is worshiping.
“I like when we get to worship ,”Megan describes,” and they turn off the lights and they start playing music super loud so you can sing as loud as you want and you can dance around and be crazy because everyone else is doing it too. It’s like a really intense experience with God. “
Megan says that worship really makes her happy. She describes to me how she feels during worship.
“I feel really calm and like really happy, “ She told me,” and I feel like it’s not a big deal if things are going wrong anymore because I know God is there to help me. “
Megan also likes to play around and have fun with her friends at youth group. She tells me about one of her most embarrassing moments.
“Once upon a time I needed to go pee very bad,” Megan says,”So I ran to the house super fast and I knocked on the door to the bathroom. And I thought that Danyon was in there. I had known Danyon since I was a very small child so I yelled at Danyon that I was going to pee on his leg, among other things. And then the door opens and someone walks out. It is not Danyon. It is this boy that I have never in my entire life seen before. And also, I happened to find him somewhat attractive. I quickly ran into the bathroom and shut him out. After the deed was done I was talking to my cousin June. June found him massively attractive as well. That is the story of how June began to hate me at youth group. “
Youth group is a place Megan feels like she can be herself and have fun. It is a calming experience that she really enjoys.

No comments:
Post a Comment