Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Book Biography


I have always loved to read. It is a little escape from all the chaos that's going on in real life. Each of the books above helped me develop my own reading style.
yeahhhhh
"Reading is sometimes an ingenious device for avoiding thought."
~Arthur Helps

My favorite books are the ones that make you forget about everything else in the world. You get sucked in to a different place where everything is not what it seems. For a while, you don't have to deal with real life. All there is is adventure and mystery and excitement.

"Never read a book through merely because you have begun it."
~John Witherspoon

Born with a reading list�I will read any type of book but I like fantasies the best. The adventure and the excitement of these are what keep me reading. I try to read non-fiction or realistic fiction once in awhile but they just seem to drag for me. I try to give any book I read a chance. I keep telling myself: The good part is still coming! But sometimes that doesn't happen. It's boring all the way through. As much as I like to read, it gets annoying when I am reading something that I don't like. It becomes more of a task than a fun thing. That's when I know when I need to find a new book.

“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.”
~William Styron

 When I am really into a book, it feels like I'm watching a movie in my head. It doesn't feel like a story anymore, it feels real. The best books always make me feel like I want to go and be part of that world. I love the kind of book thats so exciting that you have to cover up the next page so you don't read ahead. Your heart races and you get really anxious. You need to see what happens. It's a unique experience.

"Anyone who says they have only one life to live must have not know how to read a book."
~Unknown.

I think that the escape of reading is something that is very valuable.
So many books... So little time.

1 comment:

  1. "A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies [...] The man who never reads lives only one."

    ReplyDelete